Humana Medicare Supplement Plans
While many know of Humana's Medicare Advantage Plans, very few are aware that Humana also offers Medicare Supplement Plans. You can call us 920-545-4884 for a Free quote on Humana Medicare Supplement plans or keep reading for more information.
When you buy Humana Medicare Supplemental insurance coverage, you don't exchange or terminate your Medicare Parts A and B membership. You will continue to have all your Medicare rights, protections, and privileges.
The health benefits from plan to plan are the exact same from every insurance company (some companies may offer innovative benefits) - so a Basic Plan from one company has the same medical coverage as a Basic Plan from any other. The difference is in the insurance company, the quality of the service, and of course, the price. These kinds of features are what make Humana Medicare Supplement plans stand out from the rest of the companies.
The Best Time to Buy Medicare Supplement Insurance
The very best time to purchase is during the course of your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period. Your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period lasts for six months, and it starts on the first day of the month in which you are:
- Age 65 or older and
- Enrolled in Medicare Part B
In some states, these plans may be available to individuals under age 65. For individuals applying for a Medicare Supplement policy before age 65, your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period begins on the first day that you are enrolled in Medicare Part B.NOTE: You can submit your application for a Medicare Supplement plan prior to your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period begins. If you have insurance coverage that will end when you turn age 65, submitting your application before the open enrollment period allows you to have continuous insurance coverage without any lapse in coverage.
Eligibility Requirements for Medicare Supplement Insurance
Individuals can apply for a Medicare Supplement plan if they are:
- A resident of a state where the policy is being offered
- If they are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B
- If they are age 65 or over or, in some states, under age 65 if you are disabled and/or end-stage renal disease (plan offerings and eligibility vary by state) Additionally, you may qualify for guaranteed issue into a Medicare Supplement plan, irrespective of your medical history, if you meet certain requirements such as applying during your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period. Rules in a number of states may vary.
Wisconsin Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) is designed to cover the gaps in Original Medicare Part A and Part B that are the result of deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. These are the gaps that require every Medicare beneficiary to pay a portion of the health care costs out-of-pocket.
In Wisconsin, which is different than most other states, all Medicare Supplement insurance plans must cover the following “basic benefits.”
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for inpatient hospital health services
- Medicare Part A hospice coinsurance or copayment
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for covered medical services
- The first three pints of blood used annually
There are also options that be added that will cover the following:
- All basic benefits
- Medicare Part A skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- An additional 40 home health care visits over and above what Original Medicare pays
- Any state-mandated services such as certain preventative services.
Find Your High Quality, Low Cost Medicare Plan Today!
For more information about Humana’s Medicare Supplemental Insurance in Wisconsin, call the insurance professionals for at Medicare Solutions Team at (920) 545-4884 during normal business hours, or you can contact us through our website at your convenience.
We will provide a free Medicare Supplement Quote for all the companies available to you.